The Department of Health Promotion & Behavior is in the Bernard B. and Eugenia A. Ramsey Student Physical Activities Center on the University of Georgia campus in Athens.
Athens is located approximately 70 miles east-northeast of Atlanta, GA. The driving time from Hartsfield International Airport in Atlanta airport is approximately 90 minutes. Driving time from central Atlanta (e.g., Emory University and Georgia Tech University) is approximately 70 minutes.
From Downtown Atlanta and Hartsfield International Airport:
- Take I-75/85 from the airport or downtown Atlanta and continue on to I-85 North (Greenville).
- From I-85 North (Greenville), take the Lawrenceville/Athens exit (GA 316) and proceed east for approx. 45 miles.
- Exit 10 Loop/U.S. 78 at College Station Road.
- At the end of the exit ramp, turn left onto College Station Road.
- Take the first right onto River Road in front of the UGA Visitors Center. The Ramsey Center is located next to the Visitors Center.
- Continue on River Rd. loop past the South Parking Deck, staying in the left lane to the stop sign. Turn left, and continue to the back of the Ramsey Center. Turn left into parking lot, E09. Go left into the lot. Once parked, walk toward the corner of the building to the left of the parking entrance. The entrance to the building will be on your right when you reach the corner. Once in the building, look for the signs directing you to the Department of Human Promotion and Behavior.
- Please note there is construction around the Ramsey Center.
- You can also use the extended campus map, found at the "Campus Maps" link to aid you in finding the Ramsey Center.
For assistance with travel and directions, please call us at 706.542.3313.