Academic Advising

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

How to declare the "intended major" in Health Promotion

Currently enrolled students who would like to declare the intended major in health promotion should login to Athena and click the My Programs tab.  From there you will be able to add/delete majors, emphasis areas, minors, and certificates.  If you have any questions, please email

When adding the Intended Health Promotion major, please choose between the two areas of emphasis (health promotion or health services).

Athena Instruction Manual  pdf version

Academic Advising for Health Promotion

Advisement appointments for Health Promotion in the department of Health Promotion and Behavior (HPRB) should be made with either Mr. Donovan Hollis or Ms. Priscilla Carter.  Students interested in the major or who want to learn more about the major should also make appointments with Mr. Hollis or Ms. Carter.

Students with last names beginning with A through K should make appointments with Mr. Hollis.

Students with last names beginning with L through Z should make appointments with Ms. Carter.

Health promotion is a high demand major.  Application to the major must be made, usually at the end of the second year.  For more information on applying to the major, see:


Students in the major or the intended major may make appointments using SARA.

Click here to make an appointment:

Students who are interested in the major may email for an appointment.  Contact Mr. Hollis at (A-K) or Ms. Carter at (L-Z) to make an appointment. 

Honors students interested in the BSHP/MPH degree should email Dr. Katie Darby Hein for an appointment at

Contact information:

Donovan Hollis
,  Academic Advisor III
304 Ramsey Center

706-542-8380 (office)
706-542-4956 (fax)

Priscilla Carter,  
Academic Advisor III
305 Ramsey Center

706-542-4380 (office)  

706-542-4956 (fax)

Katie Darby Hein, Ph.D.
, Undergraduate Coordinator
706-542-4358 (office) 

706-542-4956 (fax) 

Office of Student Services
105 Rhodes Hall
Health Science Campus
Athens, GA
Phone: 706-542-2300
Fax 706-542-6730