In addition to College and University awards, the EHS Department offers the following competitive scholarships. Please contact Dr. Anne Marie Zimeri (205 Environmental Health Science Building, Phone: 542-0527) for additional information.
- Rowe Environmental Health Award ($1000): Awarded to a graduating senior majoring in Environmental Health Science with a strong interest in public health. Selection criteria for this cash award is based on factors such application, letters of recommendation, aspiration of the student, financial need and/or academic performance. The recipient will be selected by the Department's Scholarship Committee. (An application is not required for this award.)
- Irving Bell Scholarship, Georgia Environmental Health Association (GEHA) ($1550, all expenses paid to attend the GEHA Annual Educational Conference, 1 year paid membership to GEHA): Awarded to a sophomore, junior or senior majoring in Environmental Health Science with an interest in public health. The GEHA Scholarship Selection Committee will choose the awardee based on academic achievement, financial need, letters of recommendation, personal statement of the applicant, and the evaluation of the student's internship. A special application is required and is available in the EHS Departmental Office (206 EHS Building). Application Deadline: March 1 annually.
- John J. Sheuring Scholarship (Amount varies, up to $1000): Awarded to a student(s)in the Environmental Health Science major. Recipient(s) are selected on the basis of academic excellence and participation in campus activities. A Scholarship Application form is required for this award. Application Deadline: March 1 annually.
- Georgia Power Company Scholarship for Individuals from Under-represented Populations
Awarded to two students in the Environmental Health Science major per year. Recipients are selected on the basis of academic excellence and career interest in the Environmental Health Science field. (Amount varies, up to $3000)
- The Harold and Mary Barnhart Scholarship ($1000): awarded to a junior with a high GPA, involvement in relevant extra-curricular activities, and need based on brief essay.