- Minsu Kang, PhD Toxicology, Advisor Jia-Sheng Wang
- Rahat Desai, PhD Toxicology, Advisor Mary Alice Smith
- Monica Chan. MSEH, Advisor Mary Alice Smith
- John Finger, PhD Toxicology, Advisor Travis Glenn
- Dean Meyer, PhD Toxicology, Advisor Phillip Williams and Jia-Sheng Wang
- Mark Myers, MSEH, Advisor Marsha Black
- Hongye Wei, MS Toxicolgy, Advisor John Yu
- Ridwan Mahbub, MSEM, Advisor Kun Lu
- Jason Westrich, PhD Ecology, Consilience of iron in the ecology of Vibrio bacteria. Advisor Erin Lipp
- Jessica Joyner, PhD Ecology, Investigating coastal microbial communities: Detecting introductions of enteric bacteria and changes in coral microbiome. Advisor Erin Lipp
- Beck Frydenborg, MSEH, Preliminary analysis of the viral influence on the holobiont of elkhorn coral, Acropora palmata, in the context of temperature –associated White Pox Disease. Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Rebecca M. Roulo, MSEH, The Mongolian Gerbil as a Model for Human Listeriosis: An Analysis and Comparison of Dose-Response Data, Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Chi-Yen Tseng, MS Toxicology, Effects Of Silver Nanoparticles and Hydroxylated Fullerenes on Early Life Stage of the Fathead Minnow (Pimephales promelas): Metabolomic Approach, Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Emily R. McReynolds, PhD Toxicology, Changes in Aquatic Organism Health and Reproduction Following Chronic Exposures to Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes, Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Cory Gresham, PhD Toxicology, The oocyte as a transmitter and mediator of genetic damage to offspring, Dr. Travis Glenn (& Richard Winn), Co-Advisor.
- Augustine Kwaku Agyekum, PhD, Toxicology, Using probiotics to inhibit in vivo and in vitro growth of Listeria monocytogenes and Cronobacter sakazakii during fetal and neonatal infection, Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Mary Katherine Crews, MSEH, Artificial oyster reefs as a water quality remediation tool in a contaminated estuary. Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Monica L. Griffith, MSEH, Spatial and temporal variability among enteric pathogens and fecal indicator bacteria in a tidally mixed estuary in southeast Georgia, USA, Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Scarlett Fuller, MSEH, Effectiveness of Oyster Spat Stick Communities in Removing Pharmaceutical Contaminants from Tidal Creeks, Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Anna McKee, PhD Forestry & Natural Resources, Correlations Between Community Diversity and Within-Species Genetic Diversity in an Amphibian Assemblage: Potential Processes and Implications for Conservation Management, Drs. Travis Glenn & John Maerz, Co-Advisors
- Adwoa Commodore, PhD Toxicology, Radionuclide concentrations in forest surface fuels as the Savannah River Site and Preliminary Study of Inflammatory Effects of Wood Smoke Exposure Amongst Wildland Firefighters, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Guoqing Qian, PhD Toxicology, Integrative Toxicological Evaluation of Aflatoxin B1 Exposure in Fischer 344 Rats and Biomarker Based Exposure Assessment of Aflatoxins B1 in Human Populations, Dr. Jia-Sheng Wang, Advisor.
- Anderson Morris, MSEH, Changes in urinary 8-isoprostane concentrations as measures of oxidative stress in healthy non-smokers exposed to outdoor secondhand smoke, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Anna Hejl, MSEH, Radionuclide concentrations in forest surface fuels as the Savannah River Site and preliminary study of inflammatory effects of wood smoke exposure amongst wildland firefighters, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Gideon St. Helen, PhD Toxicology, Characterization of exposure to and associated acute effects of outdoor secondhand smoke following indoor smoking bans in Athens, Georgia, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Olorunfemi Adetona, PhD Toxicology, Occupational exposure to woodsmoke and associated changes in lung function and biomarkers of oxidative stress among wildland firefighters, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Suyang Liu. MSEH, Downwind Real-Time PM2.5 and CO Monitoring During Prescribed Burns at Fort Benning, GA, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Brad Temple, MSEH, Avian influenza susceptibility in Alligator mississippiensis: A model for influenza replication in crocodilian species, Dr. Travis Glenn, Advisor
- Ghanashyan Joshi, MS Toxicology, Tissue Partition Coeffecients for Nonane and Its Isomers, Dr. Jeff Fisher, Advisor.
- Kevin Horton. Dr.P.H., Serum Concentrations of Select Biochemical Indicators of Diet and Nutrition and Persistent Organic Pollutants among Pregnant Women in Trujillo, Peru, 2004-2005, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- J. Carrie Futch (Whitworth), PhD Ecology, Microbial methods for assessing human sewage sources and fate in coastal waters and habitats of the southeast United States. Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Jeffrey W. Turner, PhD Ecology, Environmental factors and reservoir shifts contribute to the seasonality of pathogenic Vibrio species. Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Ethell Vereen, Jr. PhD Ecology, Defining linkages between land-use, Salmonella and Campylobacter in the Satilla River Basin (Georgia, USA). Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Sheppard Martin, PhD Toxicology, Development of a Physiologically-Based Pharmacokinetic Model for Jet Fuels in the Rat, Dr. Jeff Fisher, Advisor.
- Arena N. Richardson, PhD Toxicology, Using the neonatal mouse model to investigate dose response and host susceptibility to Cronobacter sakazakii infections in premature infants, Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Denita Williams, PhD, Toxicology, Dose response, infectivity and stillbirths in pregnant guinea pigs inoculated with Listeria monocytogenes, Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Li Xu, PhD Toxicology, Environmental and Genetic Interactions of Esophageal and Liver Cancer in Two High-Risk Areas, China. Dr. Jia-Sheng Wang, Advisor.
- Ghanashyam Joshi, M.S. Toxicology. Tissue Partition Coefficients for Nonane and its Isomers. Dr. Jeffrey Fisher, Advisor.
- Beth L. Mote, MSEH, Persistence and growth of the fecal indicator, enterococci, in natural estuarine plankton communities. Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Gordon Martin, MSEH, Discrete storm impacts on the loading of Salmonella and campylobacters within a south Georgia watershed. Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Christopher Fitzgerald, MSEH, Testing the effectiveness of two improved cookstove interventions in the Santiago de Chuco Province of Peru, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Leena Malayil, MS Toxicology, Examination of reservoirs of the cholera toxin gene in coastal wasters. Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Suzanne Baird, MS Toxicology, Enantioselective Toxicity, Bioaccumulation, and Biotransformation of Fipronil in Fathead Minnows (Pimephales promelas), Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor
- Susan Ritger, PhD Toxicology, Integration of experimental and computational approaches to physiologically based pharmacokinetic modeling of Triadimefon and Triadimenol, Dr. Jeff Fisher, Advisor.
- Hongbo Ma, PhD Toxicology, Use of Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans to Evaluate Bioavailability and Toxicity of Heavy Metals, Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Susie Ritger. Ph.D. Toxicology. Integration of Experimental and Computational Approaches to Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling of Triadimefon and Triadimenol. Dr. Jeffrey Fisher, Advisor.
- Jennifer Gentry, MSEH, Quantification and Distribution of Human Norovirus in Georgia Shellfish Harvesting Waters. Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Elizabeth Irvin, Ph.D. Toxicology, Immunological and Pathological Changes After Maternal Exposure with Listeria Monocytogenes in Pregnant Guinea Pigs. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Erin E. Looney, MSEH, Characteristics of the elkhorn coral pathogen PDL-100 (Serratia marcescens), Dr. Erin Lipp, Advisor.
- Benjamin Hale, MSEH, Comparison of ammonia measurement methods inside and outside of tunnel-ventilated broiler houses, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Chase Hall. MSEH,Assessment of exposure to secondhand smoke at outdoor bars and family restaurants in Athens, Georgia, using salivary cotinine, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Jeffrey Dennis, MSEH, Characterization of the 2007 Southeastern Georgia Wildfires, Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Ellen Breazel, PhD Statistics, Effects of Common Errors in Microsatellite Data on Estimates of Population Differentiation and Inferring Genotypic Structure of Complex Loci Using Genome-Wide Expression Data, Drs. Travis Glenn & Paul Schliekelman, Co-Advisors.
- W. Aaron Shouts-Wilson, PhD Toxicology, Bioaccumulation of Trace Elements by Bivalves in the Altamaha River System, Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Deborah Iwanowicz, Ph.D., Effects of Environmental Stressors and Anthropogenic Disturbances on Myxozoan Parasites. Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Eva McLanahan, Ph.D., Dose-Response Analysis of Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid (HPT) Axis Perturbations in the Adult Rat using Statistical Methods for the Binary Mixture of PCB126 and Perchlorate and Computational Modeling for Iodide Deficiency and Perchlorate. Dr. Jeff Fisher, Advisor.
- Paul Melstrom, Ph.D., The Nematode, Caenorhabditis elegans, as a Model for Mammalian Cholinergic Neurotoxicity. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- John Pearce, M.S., Use Of GIS In The Assessment Of Air Pollution In Cusco, Peru. Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Bradd Haley, M.S., Ecology of Salmonella spp. in a southeastern watershed. Advisor, Dr. Erin K. Lipp.
- Matthew Henderson, Ph.D., Metabolism and Biodegradation of Perfluorooctyl Ethanol (8-2 Telomer Alcohol). Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Vikram Nichani, M.S., Children's Blood Lead Level After the Introduction of Unleaded Gasoline in Mumbai City, India. Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Molly Visser, M.S., PM2.5 Exposures from Broiler Houses in Rural Georgia and Related Community Health Implications. Association Between IgE, Endotoxin, and Environmental and Demographic Factors of Pregnant Women in Trujillo, Peru. Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Denita Williams, M.S., Dose Response, Infectivity and Stillbirths in Pregnant Guinea Pigs Inoculated with Listeria monocytogenes. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Lonnie Williams, Ph.D., The Role of Fumonisms in Maize Seedling Disease and the Ecological Interaction Between Fusarium verticilloides, Soil and Plants. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Cameron Carlton, M.S., Personal PM2.5 Exposures for Fire Fighters Doing Prescribed Forest Burns in the Southeastern United States. Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Brandon Cassidy, M.S., Urban and Rural Regional Winter and Spring Concentrations of PM2.5, NO2, VOCs in Trujillo, Peru. Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Katherine D. Dietzel, M.S., Analytical Characterization of Jet Propellant 8 (JP-8) Using Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS). Dr. Jeff Fisher, Advisor.
- Brad J. Konwick, M.S., Bioaccumulation, Biotransformation, and Toxicity of Fipronil: Enantiomer-Specific Considerations. Dr. Marsha C. Black, Advisor.
- T. Joy Onifade, M.S., Campylobacteriosis in Georgia: Demographics, geography, landuse and weather. Advisor, Dr. Erin K. Lipp.
- Gregory N. O'Quinn, M.S., Using Terrestrial Arthropods As Receptor Species to Determine Trophic Transfer of Heavy Metals in a Riparian Ecosystem. Dr. Paul Bertsch, Advisor.
- Ethell Vereen, Jr., M.S., Fate and Ecology of Campylobacters in a Southeastern Georgia Watershed. Advisor, Dr. Erin K. Lipp.
- Han Han Xianglu, M.S., PM2.5, NO2, VOCs Exposure in an Occupational Cohort of Traffic Police and Bus and Minivan Drivers in Trujillo, Peru. Dr. Luke Naeher, Advisor.
- Tara L. Almekinder, M.S., Effect of PCB 126 on Liver Enzymes and the Thyroid Axis. Dr. Jeffrey W. Fisher, Advisor.
- Jerry L. Campbell, Ph.D. Physiologically-Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling and Dose-Response for Fetal Skeletal Malformations Induced by Ingestion of All-Trans Retinoic Acid in CD-1 Mice. Dr. Mary Alic Smith, Advisor.
- Cameron S. Carlton, M.S., Personal PM 2.5 Exposures for Firefighters Doing Prescribed Forest Burns in the Southeastern United States. Dr. Luke P. Naeher, Advisor.
- Deanna E. Conners, Ph.D., Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress in Freshwater Clams (Corbicula Fluminea) as Mechanistic Tools to Evaluate the Impairment of Stream Ecosystem Health by Lawn Care Pesticides. Dr. Marsha C. Black, Advisor.
- Theng Theng Fong, M.S., Molecular Detection of Waterborne Human and Bovine Enteric Viruses in a Multi-use Coastal Watershed in Southeast Gerogia, USA. Dr. Erin K. Lipp, Advisor.
- Daunté S. Gibbs, M.S., Potential Role of Diploscapter, A Free-living Nematode, as a Vector of Pathogenic Bacteria to Pre-harvest Fruits and Vegetables in Soil. Dr. Phillip L. Williams, Advisor.
- Amber L. Graves, M.S., Exploring the Use of Transgenic Caenorhabditis Elegans as a Measure of Soil Toxicity. Dr. Phillip L. Williams, Advisor
- Xianglu Han, M.S., A Preliminary Study on Traffic-Related Occupational Exposures to PH2.5, CO, and VOCs in Trujillo, Peru. Dr. Luke P. Naeher, Advisor.
- Vikram N. Nichani, M.S., Study of Children's Blood Level After Phase-out of Leaded Fuel Use in Bombay, India. Dr. Luke P. Naeher, Advisor.
- U. Reiko Perleberg, M.S., A Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Model for Decane. Dr. Jeffrey W. Fisher, Advisor.
- Elizabeth A. Richardson, M.S., The Effects of Trichloroethylene Contamination on Bacterial Community Composition along Four Mile Creek on the Savannah River Site. Dr. Charles H. Jagoe, Advisor.
- Emily D. Rogers, M.S., Effects of Fluoxetine on Development and Metamorphosis of the African Clawed Frog, Xenopus laevis. Dr. Marsha C. Black, Advisor.
- Andrew Q. Smith, M.S., Partition Coefficients of n-alkanes and Selected Key Constituents of JP-8. Dr. Jeffrey W. Fisher, Advisor.
- Heather M.O. Woodgeard, M.S., Extrapolating Occupational Exposure Values from Iris Data. Dr. Phillip L. Williams, Advisor.
- Russell D. Cole, M.S., The Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans As a model of Organophosphate Induced Mammalian Neurotoxicity. Dr. Phillip L. Williams, Advisor.
- Sarah E. Sundberg, M.S., Accumulation of perchlorate in tobacco plants. Dr. Jeffrey Fisher, Advisor.
- A. Kwaku Agyekum, M.S., Effects of all-trans-retinoic acid on in vitro chondrogenesis of chick embryo limb buds. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Mona Bird, M.S., Occupational exposures during routine activities of coal-fueled power plants. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Windy A. Boyd, Ph.D., Caenorhabditis elegans as a model for assessing behavioral effects and soil bioavailability of environmental contaminants. Dr. Phillip L. Williams, Advisor.
- Gregory P. Dooley, M.S., Toxicity assessment of the Okefenokee Swamp. Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Ofia Hodoh, M.S., Point estimate vs. probabilistic risk assessment of military golf course slated for base closure. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Lonnie D. Williams, M.S., Kinetics of leaching and binding of fumonisin in soil microcosms. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Wilson Everett, M.S., The acute toxicity of selected metal mixtures to the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Yaohong Pang, M.S., Aggregate exposure analysis for chlorpyrifos and copper in the NHEXAS-MD study. Dr. David MacIntosh, Advisor.
- Jeff Yanosky, M.S., Fine particle exposure of prescribed fire workers. Dr. David MacIntosh, Advisor.
- Martha Zimmer, M.S. Molecular typing of Campylobacter jejuni in successive broiler flocks and role of water in its transmission. Dr. Harold Barnhart, Advisor.
- Apaporn Chayasutabutr, M.S., Oxidative stress in vitamin E deprived channelcatfish ( Ictalurus puctatus) exposed to 7,12 - dimethylbenz[a]anthracene. Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Josh Collins - M.S., Effects of remediation on ambient air quality at a manufactured gas plant. Dr. David MacIntosh, Advisor.
- Ritu Dhawan, M.S., Evaluation of behavioral responses in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans using computer tracking. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Emily Susanne Hanson, M.S., Effects of diethylene glycol monomethyl ether and ethylene glycol monomethyl ether on in vitro chondrogenesis. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Julie Logan, M.S., Homogenous exposure groups for arsenic coal-fueled power facilities. Dr. David MacIntosh, Advisor.
- Christopher Peredney, M.S., in Environmental Toxicology., Evaluation of the Caenorhabditis elegans soil bioassay in reference to heavy metal contamination of soil. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- John Inglis Belin, M.S., Evaluating the efficiency of toxicity abatement in a constructed wetland using freshwater organisms. Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- David Holcomb, M.S., Development of dose-response methodology for foodborne pathogens. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Randy Eugene Payne, M.S. The role of the molecular epidemiology of Campylobacter jejuni in broiler chickens. Dr. Harold Barnhart, Advisor.
- Lisa Slay-Whitaker, M.S., Employee exposures to diesel exhaust in the electric utility industry. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Jerry Campbell, M.S., Recovery of selected pesticides from an in vitro porcine skin model using a solvent saturated wipe. Dr. Mary Alice Smith, Advisor.
- Scott Echols, M.S., Longitudinal time-activity patterns and their association with biomarkers of chlorpyrifos. Dr. David MacIntosh, Advisor.
- Robert Greene, M.S., Risk assessment of ambient aldehyde air concentrations in Savannah, GA. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Alex Lehocky, M.S., Comparison of direct-reading aerosol monitors to traditional gravimetric samplers. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Kelley Van Vreede, M.S., Evaluation of the larval mussel ( Utterbackia imbecilis) as a toxicity test organism. Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Stacy Michelle Westerfield, M.S., Electrophoretic assessment of DNA strand blockage in the freshwater mussels Quadrula quadrula and Corbicula fluminea. Dr. Marsha Black, Advisor.
- Charles Cressman, M.S., Reference toxicants for the Caenorhabditis elegans acute aquatic toxicity bioassay. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Daniel Hitchcock, M.S., Using the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans to determine toxicity trends in municipal and industrial wastewaters. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.
- Kimberly Metcalf, M.S., (first EHS M.S. Graduate) The development of a environmental performance measurement system. Dr. Phillip Williams, Advisor.