The Environmental Health Science (EHS) Department is housed in the Environmental Health Science Building. The building is located on Green Street on the University of Georgia south campus. It is identified as Building 1050 on campus maps. Other maps and driving instructions to the building are available here.
The Environmental Health Science Building is approximately 7500 ft2 in size of which over half is laboratory space and the remainder is split between classroom and office space. In addition, EHS faculty members have their laboratories in Paul D. Coverdell Building and Animal Sciences Building.
The EHS Department houses office space for ten faculty members, two administrative staff, research staff, adjunct faculty, post-doctoral researchers, visiting scholars, and graduate students.
Research facilities within the EHS Department include:
- Aquatic Toxicology Laboratories
- Animal Culture Laboratory
- Biomarker, Cancer Etiology and Prevention, and Mycotoxins Research Laboratories
- Envrionmental Exposure Assessment and Air Quality Laboratories
- Developmental Toxicology Laboratory
- Environmental Microbiology and Molecular Microbiology Laboratories
- Environmental Chemistry Laboratory
- Environmental Genomics and Toxicology Laboratories
- Molecular Toxicology Laboratory
- Teaching Laboratory