Undergraduate Information

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Want to receive a packet of information on the undergraduate programs in public health?   Simply click here!

How do I change my major into Public Health?

Changing Schools, Majors or Minors

How do I make an advising appointment?

How to make an Undergraduate Advising Appointment

What majors does the College of Public Health offer?

Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health

The Environmental Health Science major is a rigorous, science based, applied curriculum that prepares students for careers in environmental fields. The degree can also be used as a step to an advanced degree in many fields including environmental health, industrial hygiene, toxicology, public health, epidemiology, ecology and environmental engineering, and will satisfy entrance requirements for professional degree programs such as medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry and pharmacy. Students who successfully complete the program of study receive the Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health (B.S.E.H.) degree. The degree program is nationally accredited and is the only undergraduate Environmental Health Science degree in Georgia.

Bachelor of Science in Health Promotion

Health promotion is a social science that draws from the biological, environmental, psychological, physical and medical sciences to promote health and prevent disease, disability and premature death through education-driven voluntary behavior change activities.  Health promotion is the development of individual, group, institutional, community and systemic strategies to improve health knowledge, attitudes, skills and behavior.  The purpose of health promotion is to positively influence the health behavior of individuals and communities as well as the living and working conditions that influence their health.

Advice for Undergrads: Majoring in Public Health

What other majors are offered at UGA?


*General information about undergraduate education at the University of Georgia is contained in the UGA Undergraduate Bulletin.


Want to pay in-state tuition at UGA?

Out of state students can earn a degree in public health while paying in-state tuition rates if the major is not available in your state.

The SREB Academic Common Market has enabled students to pursue out-of-state college degrees at discounted tuition rates, through agreements among the states and colleges and universities.

To qualify you must:

  • be a resident of one of the 16 SREB states.
  • complete the admission process at the institution offering the eligible Academic Common Market program.
  • be certified as a resident of your home state by contacting the ACM coordinator for your state of residence.