Doctor of Public Health: Application and Admission
Fall Admissions Deadlines
Thank you for your interest!
Regular Admissions Deadline-
Applicants who submit all applications and supporting materials by this deadline will be notified in February of their status in the program. *This notification will follow scheduled interviews to occur late January into early February 2015. An invitation and completion of an interview is mandatory for continued consideration of admission.
Prior to the deadlines, you must have both applications completed, VERIFIED, and all supporting materials received. **Admissions offices recommend submitting all materials as soon as possible since applications can take 3 to 4 weeks to be processed.
Application and Admission
Prerequisites: All applicants to the Doctor of Public Health degree must have:
- A master’s-level degree in public health (MPH or MSPH). Students with other master’s degree may be considered and accepted provisionally but will need to complete the five MPH core courses (15 hours) prior to acceptance into the DrPH program. These courses will not apply to the DrPH degree.
- At least three years of experience in the public health area after having completed a master degree.
*Students with only a bachelors degree will NOT be accepted into the program. No exceptions will be given.*
All students must have a masters degree from an accredited institution. Applicants are expected to have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and GRE scores of 1000 (combined verbal and quantitative) for previous GRE reporting (please refer to ETS concordance tables, for new scoring equivalent). For applicants with GRE scores more than 5-years-old, please contact DrPH admissions. GMAT score of 550 is also acceptable.
2015 Applicant Interviews:
We anticipate extending invitations to selected applicants to Athens for an in-person Interview Day following initial review of applications. A series of interview days are currently projected to occur in late January into the first week of February. Note: In order to proceed with admissions consideration for the Doctor of Public Health, an invitation MUST be extended by the program and the invited candidate must fully participate in the events during Interview Day. Appropriate accommodations to be made in the case that the selected candidate has extenuating circumstances which may prevent their attendance.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information about the program.
Application to the DrPH program
Completed SOPHAS application:
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended sent directly to SOPHAS
- International applicants: Only World Education Services (WES) evaluations of international coursework are accepted for inclusion in your SOPHAS application. Any WES-evaluated coursework cleared through SOPHAS will be reviewed once both application steps are fully completed. For specific details, please refer to www.wes.org/sophas.
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- At least 3 letters of recommendation.
- Standardized GRE test scores
- Supplemental Fee to UGA Graduate School (This fee can be processed HERE).
International Applicants only - additional information needed for UGA Graduate School:
(please click here for information):
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent by testing agency to The University of Georgia, http://www.TOEFL.org
- World Education Services (WES): You must provide any WES evaluations as part of your SOPHAS application. You may refer to this link for further information about sending your WES report.
- Certificate of Finances (COF) form
- Visa Information
Upon Acceptance and Intended Matriculation
- Email the Student Information Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading: Student Information Sheet.
- Final official transcripts must be sent to the Graduate School in the event of an acceptance, and before matriculation in August.
Please mail transcripts to:
UGA Graduate School
210 S. Jackson St.
Athens, GA 30602
- Complete the Graduate School's pre and post arrival checklist, found HERE