Master of Public Health: Application Process
Early Deadline -
|Applicants will be notified by early February of their status in the program. Initial consideration of available funding opportunities is given to early applicants. No supplemental assistantship application is required.|
Regular Deadline -
|Applications and supporting materials must be complete and submitted by this deadline to ensure consideration for Fall admission.|
International Student Deadline-
|Applications and supporting materials must be complete and submitted by this deadline to be considered for Fall admission.|
Applications are considered in their entirety before making admission decisions. In general, the following test scores and GPA are recommended: (Please note: these are recommendations, not minimum requirements)
MPH degree program applicants must apply via the SCHOOLS OF PUBLIC HEALTH APPLICATION SERVICE (SOPHAS). Please see this process outlined below.
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4-point scale).
- GRE test score of 50th percentile or above on quantitative, qualitative, and analytical sections.
- or GMAT test score of 550
- or MCAT test score (total scaled score within 60th percentile is preferred)
- Strong academic and professional letters of recommendation. Applicants are encouraged to request 2 academic and 1 professional recommendation.
NOTE: Beginning Fall 2015, applicants are no longer required to submit a supplemental graduate school application. However, a supplemental application fee is still required. The fee can be processed via This Link
- Completed SOPHAS application:
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended sent directly to SOPHAS
- Submit at least 3 recommenders’ contact information to SOPHAS. Be sure to follow up with all recommenders regularly to ensure that the recommendation process has been completed.
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, or MCAT) Scores can be sent to UGA at: 5813
- Uploaded professional resume
- SOPHAS applicable processing fee
- The Graduate School supplemental fee.
- Applications are not considered complete until all applicable fees are processed.
International Applicants only - additional information needed:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent by testing agency to The University of Georgia, http://www.TOEFL.org
- World Education Services (WES): Only World Education Services (WES) evaluations of international coursework are accepted for inclusion in your SOPHAS application. Any WES-evaluated coursework cleared through SOPHAS will be reviewed once both application steps are fully completed. For specific details, please refer to www.wes.org/sophas. Please provide any WES evaluations as part of your SOPHAS application. You may refer to this link for further information about sending your WES report.
- (Regarding non-WES evaluated coursework): Original official academic transcripts must be sent by the foreign institution, directly to UGA Graduate Admissions (address provided below).
- Certificate of Finances (COF) form
- Visa Information
(please click here for more information)
UPON ACCEPTANCE and INTENDED MATRICULATION
- Email your student information sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject heading Student Information Sheet.
- Final official transcripts must be sent to the Graduate School in the event of an acceptance, and before matriculation in August. This should include proof of degree. Please mail final transcripts to:
- Complete the Graduate School's pre and post arrival checklist. The list can be found HERE.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.