Master of Public Health: Application Process
Early Deadline -
|Applicants who submit their applications and supporting materials in time to allow for full processing by the stated deadline will be notified by early February of their status in the program. Initial consideration of any available funding opportunities is given to early applicants.|
Regular Deadline -
|Applications and supporting materials must be complete and submitted by this deadline to ensure consideration for Fall admission.|
International Student Deadline-
|Applications and supporting materials must be complete and submitted by this deadline to be considered for Fall admission. No applications from international students will be accepted after this date.|
Application deadline: November 15 (MSW/MPH deadline - October 30)
Current UGA students may apply for Spring admission to our dual degree programs.
Special Spring Admissions: This year we will be accepting applications for all concentrations. Unless you are a dual degree applicant, you will need to complete the SOPHAS application for Fall 2016 and contact the Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately upon submitting the application. The UGA Graduate School application should be completed for Spring 2016. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and GRE scores at or above the 50th percentile in each section to be considered.
*Prior to the deadlines, you must have both applications submitted and complete, VERIFIED, and all required supporting materials received. We will not review incomplete applications.
**Admissions offices recommend submitting all materials as soon as possible since applications can take 3 to 4 weeks to be processed, even after all materials are received at SOPHAS and at the UGA Graduate School admissions office. (See steps 1 & 2, below, for details)
Applicants to the College of Public Health for the MPH degree program must apply to both the UGA Graduate School and to the SCHOOLS OF PUBLIC HEALTH APPLICATION SERVICE (SOPHAS). Please see the two-step process outlined below.
Applications are considered in their entirety before making admission decisions. In general, the following test scores and GPA are recommended: (Please note: these are minimum guidelines only)
- Undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 0- to 4-point scale).
- GRE test score of 1000 for verbal and quantitative sections combined for previous GRE scale (under the previous scoring system). Please see ETS concordance table for new scoring equivalent.
- or GMAT test score of 550
- or MCAT test score (total scaled score within 60th percentile is preferred)
Online SOPHAS application
- Completed SOPHAS application:
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended sent directly to SOPHAS
- International applicants: Only World Education Services (WES) evaluations of international coursework are accepted for inclusion in your SOPHAS application. Any WES-evaluated coursework cleared through SOPHAS will be reviewed once both application steps are fully completed. For specific details, please refer to www.wes.org/sophas.
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- At least 3 letters of recommendation.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, or MCAT)
- Uploaded professional resume
- Applicable processing fee
*Final official transcripts must be sent to the Graduate School in the event of an acceptance, and before matriculation in August. This should include proof of degree.
International Applicants only - additional information needed:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent by testing agency to the University of Georgia, http://www.TOEFL.org
- World Education Services (WES): Good news! We now accept WES-evaluated foreign coursework. Please provide any WES evaluations as part of your SOPHAS application. You may refer to this link for further information about sending your WES report.
- (Regarding non-WES evaluated coursework): Original official academic transcripts must be sent by the foreign institution, directly to UGA Graduate Admissions (address provided below).
- Certificate of Finances (COF) form
- Visa Information
(please click here for more information)
Please mail final transcripts to:
UGA Graduate Admissions
210 S. Jackson St.
Athens, GA 30602
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.